TT Electronics respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice informs you as to how we collect, protect and use your personal data, which you provide to us via our website or other means, and informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice consists of the following sections:
1. Important information and who we are Controller
TT Electronics is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found at the Glossary. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the TT Electronics Group so when we mention “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the TT Electronics Group responsible for processing your data. TT Electronics PLC is the controller and responsible for this website.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the use of your personal data, please contact us using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: TT Electronics PLC
Contact: Group Legal Department
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: TT Electronics, Fourth Floor, St Andrews House, West Street, Woking, GU21 6EB, England
Registered Company Number: 87249
Data protection registration with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office: ZA209272
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated on 25 March 2019. We will update this policy from time to time to take account of changes in law and updates to good practice.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Specific privacy notices
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data may include first name, last name, username or similar identifier title and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you or an entity you work for and other details of products and services you have purchased from us, or investments made in the Company.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types
and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We may also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms, meeting with us in person including at trade fairs, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our services;
- request product details / marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services (e.g. Dun and Bradstreet).
- Identity and Contact Data from social media, data brokers or aggregators (e.g. LinkedIn).
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources (e.g. Companies House).
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with the company you work for or are representing.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register the company you work for or represent as a new customer / supplier / business partner
To process and deliver your order including:
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Performance of a contract with you
To enable you to partake in a survey, including through the use of third party survey providing services
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our
goods or services that may be of interest to you
products/services and grow our business)
Where you are an investor or potential investor in the Company to record your investment in the Company or to keep you updated with relevant information on the Company
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated, to develop our investor relations and provide applicable information in respect of the Company)
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you have provided us with your details and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. You can opt out of such marketing at any time by using the contact details above.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International transfers
We may share your personal data within the Company Group. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data in accordance with the EU Model Contracts.
We may share your personal data with External third parties based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so where applicable their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by applying appropriate contractual safeguards.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details above.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
What are Cookies?
If you would like to “opt out” of the cookies set by this website, this can be accomplished on a cookie-by-cookie basis subject to browser settings. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please note, you may limit site operation or functions if you limit the cookies. For more information about cookies, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
Our Cookies Policy
To make full use of our website, enjoy the personalised features and ensure the website works to its full potential; your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies.
- remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- make our website operate as efficiently as possible; and
- administer services and/or information to you.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website.
Third Party Cookies
Our website may contain links to other websites. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies, but we don’t have access to these cookies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Examples of third parties that we may link to include:
- Social networks: On our website we may use social networking icons or link to our social media presence (e.g. LinkedIn), and sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result when you visit a page with content embedded from for example YouTube, or log onto a social network via the relevant icon on our website you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
- Flash cookies: TT Electronics plc may occasionally use Flash files to deliver content to the site. To improve user experience, “flash cookies” as they are commonly known, are employed to provide features such as video auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash cookies are stored in your terminal much in the same way as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way. More information including a tool to monitor, opt out and remove “flash cookies” is available at: www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
11. Glossary LAWFUL BASIS
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Internal Third Parties
Other companies in the Company Group acting as controllers or processors are set out in the table below.
AB CONNECTORS LIMITED
Abercynon Mountain ash Rhondda Cynon Taff CF45 4SF
Registered Company Number: 1914199 Data protection registration: Z9876624
AB ELECTRONICS (SUZHOU) CO., LTD
158-24 Hua Shan Road Snd Suzhou
Registered Company Number: 91320505782062491E Data protection registration: n/a
Unit 1, Tregwilym Industrial Estate Rogerstone
Gwent NP10 9YA UK
Registered Company Number: 620992 Data protection registration: Z9876641
AERO STANREW LIMITED
Unit 1 Gratton Way Roundswell Business Park Barnstaple
Devon EX31 3AR UK
Registered Company Number: 464848 Data protection registration: ZA100216
AERO STANREW SARL
60 Avenue De L’uma La Soukra 2036 Tunisia
Registered Company Number: B0377902007 Data protection registration: n/a
BI TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
120 S. State College Blvd. Suite #175 Brea, CA 92821
Registered Company Number: 2027045 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
BI TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION SDN BHD
A-1445, Jalan Tanjung Api,
Kampung Selamat 25050 Kuantan Malaysia
Registered Company Number: 21949 – T Details of any data protection registration: n/a
BI TECHNOLOGIES S.A. de C.V.
Ave Circulo De La Amistad No.102 Parque Industrial Mexicali Iv Mexico
Registered Company Number: BTE-941101-2T8 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
CLETRONICS N.A. INC.
2262 Port Centre Dr. Medina
Ohio 44256 USA
Registered Company Number: 6254678 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
INTERNATIONAL RESISTIVE COMPANY INC
4222 South Staples Street Corpus Christi
TX 78411 USA
Registered Company Number: 2101076 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
NEW CHAPEL ELECTRONICS LIMITED
London Road Fairford
Gloucestershire GL7 4DS United Kingdom
Registered Company Number: 1352416
Details of any data protection registration: ZA209268
OPTEK TECHNOLOGY INC
1645 Wallace Drive, Suite 130 Carrollton
Texas 75006 USA
Registered Company Number: 2036102 Details of any data protection registration: na
Coventry Road Lutterworth Leicestershire LE17 4JB United Kingdom
Registered Company Number: 6649272
Details of any data protection registration: ZA209260
ROXSPUR MEASUREMENT & CONTROL LIMITED
St Andrews House West Street Woking
Surrey GU21 6EB United Kingdom
Registered Company Number: 881547
Details of any data protection registration: ZA209256
TT ELECTRONICS ASIA PTE LTD
514 Chai Chee Lane
#02-10a Bedok Industrial Estate 469029
Registered Company Number: 199707044W Details of any data protection registration: n/a
TT ELECTRONICS GmbH
Ergoldinger Str. 2b D84030
Registered Company Number: HRB 10931 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
TT ELECTRONICS INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SERVICES (SUZHOU) LTD
158-29 Hua Shan Road Snd Suzhou
Registered Company Number: 9132050572228210X3 Details of any data protection registration: n/a
TT ELECTRONICS INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SERVICES LIMITED
Tregwilym Industrial Estate Rogerstone
Gwent NP10 9YA United Kingdom
Registered Company Number: 896672
Details of any data protection registration: Z9874103
TT ELECTRONICS INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SERVICES, INC
3700 Lane Road Perry Ohio 44081-9563
Registered Company Number: 597365
Details of any data protection registration: n/a
TT ELECTRONICS LTD
Newton Industrial Park Christchurch Barbados
Registered Company Number: 2236
Details of any data protection registration: n/a
WELWYN COMPONENTS LIMITED
Welwyn Electronics Park Bedlington Northumberland
Registered Company Number: 162480
Details of any data protection registration: Z8353634
1700 Freeway Boulevard Minneapolis
MN 55430 USA
Registered Company Number: IG-66 Data protection registration: n/a
Precision International Holdings Limited
16th Floor, Wing On Centre 111 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong
Registered Company Number: 725667 Data protection registration: n/a
Taishan Precision International Co. Limited 4/F No 132 Fu Cheng Avenue
Taishan City China
Registered Company Number: Data protection registration: n/a
TT Electronics IoT Solutions Limited Fourth Floor, St Andrews House, West Street
Woking GU21 6EB UK
Registered Company Number: 00236394 Data protection registration: Z4868523
STADIUM POWER LIMITED
Fourth Floor, St Andrews House, West Street
Woking GU21 6EB UK
Registered Company Number: 02844194 Data protection registration: n/a
STADIUM IGT LIMITED
Fourth Floor, St Andrews House, West Street
Woking GU21 6EB UK
Registered Company Number: 02164435 Data protection registration: n/a
Fourth Floor, St Andrews House, West Street
Woking GU21 6EB UK
Registered Company Number: 02270716 Data protection registration: ZA126490
STADIUM ASIA LIMITED
Unit A, 3/F, Bamboos Centre 52 Hung To Road
Kwun Tong Kowloon Hong Kong
Registered Company Number: 161049
Data protection registration: n/a
Dongguan Arlec electrical products co. Limited 4th Building
F Zone, Zheng Wei Science Park Dongkeng Town
Dongguan City Guangdong China
Registered Company Number: 91441900617687041J Data protection registration: n/a
Shanghai Hongbian electronics co. Limited
East of Building 1 29 Jia Tai Road Shanghai
Registered Company Number: 91310115MA1K3AEE4W Data protection registration: n/a
SGW Sweden AB
Registered Company Number: 559049-6385 Data protection registration: n/a
Power Partners Inc
43 Broad Street Suite B206 Hudson
Registered Company Number: n/a Data protection registration: n/a
External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services or sales support and other commercial services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.